Dyno Pulls...

Djason

Reactions
Had an opportunity to make a few pulls at my buddies new shop here in Houston. Jayson Cohen, owner and founder of Motorsport Technologies, has once again decided to follow his never ending enthusiasm, passion and intense desire of making something great even better in the automotive industry.

After stepping away from the game for the past 7-8 years, pursuing his entrepreneurial spirit in other ventures, many knew (or at least hoped) he couldn't stay away forever.

Jayson see's MANY things to be improved upon in our potent little Caddy. From the induction and exhaust side to the VERY conservative factory tune. He couldn't believe how de-tuned the ATS-V's are in stock form compared to many other factory "hot rods" like the new C7 Z06 and several other new FI cars. So much left on the table it's crazy. Mike (NewEra) has already shown this in all his threads as well. Looking at the stock tune it's amazing the LF4's are performing like they are.

Welcome back my friend!

Base line pulls before the mods begin.

(Actual)

(Corrected)

Last edited:

ATSVMike

Reactions
Pictures aren't showing up for me.

ATSVFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
Those are still very impressive baselines. Looking forward to seeing the tuning results.

ATSVMike

Reactions
Pictures worked for me today, subbed for updates.

OP
D

Djason

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Posted different graph showing AFR

Suzuguy69

Reactions
Had an opportunity to make a few pulls at my buddies new shop here in Houston. Jayson Cohen, owner and founder of Motorsport Technologies, has once again decided to follow his never ending enthusiasm, passion and intense desire of making something great even better in the automotive industry.

After stepping away from the game for the past 7-8 years, pursuing his entrepreneurial spirit in other ventures, many knew (or at least hoped) he couldn't stay away forever.

Jayson see's MANY things to be improved upon in our potent little Caddy. From the induction and exhaust side to the VERY conservative factory tune. He couldn't believe how de-tuned the ATS-V's are in stock form compared to many other factory "hot rods" like the new C7 Z06 and several other new FI cars. So much left on the table it's crazy. Mike (NewEra) has already shown this in all his threads as well. Looking at the stock tune it's amazing the LF4's are performing like they are.

Welcome back my friend!

Base line pulls before the mods begin.

(Actual)

(Corrected)

Are there any updates on this car and the mods?

OP
D

Djason

Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Little update. After the track session last weekend I couldn't wait to get the car over to the guys at Motorsport Technologies to work their magic. Little disappointed in the times but at least was faster than what most if not all the shoes reported in the magazines. Getting the 60' down where I wanted was a bit of a challenge.

Dropped the car off last night with Jayson & Billy. Plans are the NewEra Performance DP install, remove x-pipe and install 3"x12" resonators to take out any raspiness or extra loudness after eliminating the cats. Still want a 'stockish' sounding Caddy not a F&F version. Tuning will start later today once all exhaust work is done.

Installed the new filters from Ben at WeaponsX Motorsports last night. Bit of a trimming job on the stands the factory filters clip to but it came out nice. The lips on the inside of the box are very short so they don't lend to a great base to tighten the clamps on the mouth of the filter to. You need to leave enough material on the stands to brace filters against in order to tighten the clamps and they stay in place.

Before and after...

No wonder the DP's help so much. Crazy how restricted the factory cats are.

OP
D

Djason

Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Stock air box...just upgraded filters. Didn't take any pics. I'll post a few when I get the car back from Motorsport Technologies tomorrow.

Pulled these from Ben's DIY pics. Only difference is mine are red, maybe a tad longer and has a slight cone shape instead of being cylindrical.

Stock filter set up

Upgraded filters

OP
D

Djason

Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Picked up the car from Motorsport Technologies last week. Pretty much all of the WOT dyno tuning is complete. Now a bit of fine tuning on the street for a little better drivability. Can't thank Jayson and Billy enough for their work and time spent on getting the car to where it is. This is what it should have been on day one from Cadillac. It's crazy how much tq this thing has now. Feels like a different animal.

http://mtiperformance.com/

I have to thank Mike at New Era Performance for stepping up and helping us out on the last bit of tuning. We were so close but needed a bit of guidance to get it to where it is now. THANK YOU Mike...!! You didn't have to step up and help out another shop with your knowledge of this new platform but you did. I greatly appreciate your professionalism and expertise. I know Billy and Jayson do as well. If you're ever in Houston... :cheers:

This is the final dyno. Safe tune on 93 oct. Could squeek out a bit more but I'm happy with where it is. Graph shows comparison of stock and after mods. Has a great, strong pull all the way to redline with gobs of tq in the midrange.

SAE Corrected

527.48 rwhp
558.39 rwtq

Last edited:

DougW

Reactions
So how does it sound with the resonators? I feel the same, I would like to keep the factory sound but the horsepower increase is tempting. I'll run out the warranty first.......