Turbo lag

Reactions
Greetings, I am coming from a 2010 Grandsport Corvette with headers, CAI, tune and Corsa exhaust..power is always on tap..no waiting. Although the reviews I read on the ATSV claimed very little turbo lag, I find it quite noticeable. Am I alone? In the spring I am planning an intake, down pipe and a tune. Interested in opinions as to whether these basic mods will help reduce the lag. Back in the day I drove a Porsche 1989 930 which had quite a bit of turbo lag. When the boost kicked in you had better have the wheels pointing straight ahead or WATCHOUT!! The V isn't that bad, but it's starting to bother me. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated, best regards, Peter

Djason

Reactions
Greetings, I am coming from a 2010 Grandsport Corvette with headers, CAI, tune and Corsa exhaust..power is always on tap..no waiting. Although the reviews I read on the ATSV claimed very little turbo lag, I find it quite noticeable. Am I alone? In the spring I am planning an intake, down pipe and a tune. Interested in opinions as to whether these basic mods will help reduce the lag. Back in the day I drove a Porsche 1989 930 which had quite a bit of turbo lag. When the boost kicked in you had better have the wheels pointing straight ahead or WATCHOUT!! The V isn't that bad, but it's starting to bother me. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated, best regards, Peter
Yes those mods will help with the lag but the tune will give you the most noticeable difference and bang for the buck. Might wanna try just the tune first and see if that will be enough. I'm not sure how much is really gained with DP's and CAI/filter change. Plus the sound will change DRAMATICALLY with a DP install.

OP
T
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Yes those mods will help with the lag but the tune will give you the most noticeable difference and bang for the buck. Might wanna try just the tune first and see if that will be enough. I'm not sure how much is really gained with DP's and CAI/filter change. Plus the sound will change DRAMATICALLY with a DP install.
Seems like my tuner said most bang for the buck was the down pipe. In what way will the downpipe change the sound? I assume louder..any drone?? I may take your advice and just start with a tune. Much appreciate the advice. Regards, Peter

Djason

Reactions
Seems like my tuner said most bang for the buck was the down pipe. In what way will the downpipe change the sound? I assume louder..any drone?? I may take your advice and just start with a tune. Much appreciate the advice. Regards, Peter
If all your doing is bolting on DP's it WILL NOT be the best bang for the buck. You will need a tune to see the actual difference in the flow advantages over the stock cat set up. You will see a slight increase in the first 1000rpms on the dyno then that's it and may lose peak power. Mine did. The computer will pull in the reigns if it see's anything above whats already pre-programmed in the ECU. So many things control the performance level of the car in stock form. Bolt-on's are not the ticket with this car. Its all in the tune.

IMO start with the tune...The DP's only install will not give you a pleasant sound at all. I'm working on things (other than the resonator install I did to replace the x-pipe) to get the sound where I want it.

Words of advise...find someone VERY knowledgeable in this platform. This is NOT an easy car to tune. Personally I only know of a few reputable shops so far. Mike @ Era Performance, Ben @ WeaponX and Jayson Cohen @ Motorsport Technologies. I'm sure there will be more in the future but this is a very difficult car to tune and get it right. Especially with driveability. Good luck!