HUD Option

getzo

Reactions
Greetings from God’s Country, AKA, North West Corner of the Garden State of New Jersey; 8 miles from the Delaware Water Gap, the crow flies.
Just bought a new 2016 ATS-V and am very glad to have found this site.
I purchased from a dealer who got it from another dealer rather than me ordering exactly what I wanted. I mention this because I have a problem. And maybe someone out there has a answer gleamed from real experience or knowledge.
The one I got had everything I wanted except the HUD option; at the time my dealer told me that he saw no problem in having that installed by him at a later date.
However, he is now hemming and hawing and I can’t seem to get a straight answer out of him.
My question is two part:
1. Has out there been in this situation and gotten relief, that is, gotten the HUD installed after it left the factory..?
2. Does anyone know a technical reason why the HUD could not be installed after the fact so to speak..? What if I were to purchase each and every part involved and installed it myself; or had a technician do it for me..? is this NOT possible and why not.
Cost is not the problem. Any help on this would be a great relief.
Hope you hear from you guys soon.
GetzO

OP
G

getzo

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Have you contacted another dealer to see if that is possible? I've seen it done on a Fifth-gen Camaro.
http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/interior/1247-how-to-install-a-heads-up-display-fifth-gen-camaro/

The only issue I see is that the HUD in the ATS is way more integrated and there maybe some software related issues.
Thanks for you help....
My dealer is also a Chevy dealer so maybe I can persuade him a bit more or at least have some ammunition.
he did say there are codes [super secret, right] that would have to be flashed to the PCM, but I don't see why that would not be possible.
After all, I just spent more than $80K for my buggy, you would think Cadillac would want to please me...?
thanks again.
if anybody else has additional information please let me know.
Best to All....
Getzo