ATS-V No Tune Needed Performance Upgrades

Reactions
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum, and really hoping to get some help on upgrading my new ATS-V. I just purchased my 2017 ATS-V sedan this past Thursday and read many threads, watched many different videos, and did some window shopping all over for simple bolt-on parts to add some easy hp & some sporty noise. What I mean by "sporty noise" is like aftermarket bovs, intakes, and downpipe & mid-pipe upgrades to get a better than stock sounds. I am not a racer, and use my car currently as a daily driver. I have looked at many different performance upgrades out here, but some say you need to have it professionally tuned for your car to run right. What happened to "bolt-on wonder" upgrades that you can do to your car that performs what I am asking for without extensive tuning for the car to run without issues. Can anyone tell me what they have done performance wise without tuning that does not void the warranty, products that are out there that does not mess anything up with the car like engine lights coming on, rattles/vibrations after upgrades, or issues products not working well with oem parts after adding upgrades such as the changing exaust sounds from touring, sport, and race modes. I am not looking to have a 10 second car here, but want simple upgrades that add hp, and some meaner, sporter sounds.

I am sure there is many threads on here about performance mods and what people have gotten that work, BUT i want mods that are strickly bolt on parts that do not void my warranty and especially doesnt need a tune to make them work right with the car. If anyone can help me out with this I would very much appreciate it!

joe1278

Reactions
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum, and really hoping to get some help on upgrading my new ATS-V. I just purchased my 2017 ATS-V sedan this past Thursday and read many threads, watched many different videos, and did some window shopping all over for simple bolt-on parts to add some easy hp & some sporty noise. What I mean by "sporty noise" is like aftermarket bovs, intakes, and downpipe & mid-pipe upgrades to get a better than stock sounds. I am not a racer, and use my car currently as a daily driver. I have looked at many different performance upgrades out here, but some say you need to have it professionally tuned for your car to run right. What happened to "bolt-on wonder" upgrades that you can do to your car that performs what I am asking for without extensive tuning for the car to run without issues. Can anyone tell me what they have done performance wise without tuning that does not void the warranty, products that are out there that does not mess anything up with the car like engine lights coming on, rattles/vibrations after upgrades, or issues products not working well with oem parts after adding upgrades such as the changing exaust sounds from touring, sport, and race modes. I am not looking to have a 10 second car here, but want simple upgrades that add hp, and some meaner, sporter sounds.

I am sure there is many threads on here about performance mods and what people have gotten that work, BUT i want mods that are strickly bolt on parts that do not void my warranty and especially doesnt need a tune to make them work right with the car. If anyone can help me out with this I would very much appreciate it!
Unless you're going to race for money you won't need more power. Personally, I like the factory sound. It still makes the sheriff take a second look.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Reactions
Let me know if you find anything- good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe1278

Reactions
I added K&M cold air kit. Noticeable improvement in power.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

jdkubih

Reactions
I am curious as to what is available also. As a new owner, I am happy with the way it performs right now.

joe1278

Reactions
I added the K&N cold air package, 63-6093. Delivers more ponies, sound is more aggressive.

joe1278

Reactions
You might consider adding the K&N Cold Air kit, it makes more horsepower and adds a more aggressive sound when you put the hammer down.

MYV

Reactions
Get you a Vittess Motorsport throttle controlled for $169.00

Guaranteed your ATS V would seem like CTS V power well almost

Doesn't void the factory warranty.

Makes the car more responsive aka torque animal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ezy Es V

Reactions
Hello Everyone,

How did you fair on your endeavor?