A/C ~ HEAT Question

carlspag

Reactions
Hey Folks - please pardon me, I'm new here and new to ATS-V (coupe). I got what was a "Manufacturer Vehicle" with serial number 100007, manufactured February, 2015, which is actually before the press release inviting orders for the car. Anybody have any info on serial number sequence. Also, is there any way to completely shut off air-flow through the HVAC system? I hit "OFF" and, while it may shut off the A/C or Heat, I note air still vents (flows) through the system. Is there any way to shut it off completely? Thank you, Carl Spagnuolo

Mr645

Reactions
You also need to turn on the recirculate feature. Other wise outside air is allowed in through the vents. Should look something like this, the icon on the left
recir.jpg

Reactions
I have a 2016 ATS-V and unfortunately that was my first complaint. Living in California and dealing with stop & go traffic makes me miss my Lexus. If you turn off the air system recircle air button turns off also, ( the picture above is not from an ATS-V). I noticed that if you put on the heat the smell also comes in with the recirc button on. What I do is keep the vent option picked and adjust the fan on the lowest level. Good luck- I think it?s an American car thing. Every time I complain about it to the dealer- they look at me like I have 3 heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk