D3 Tuning products for the Cadillac ATS-V

ATSVFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
Looks like D3 is getting ready to put out some parts for the ATS-V. Hopefully they'll start filling in the category once the ATS-V rolls out.

http://d3groupinc.com/products/ats/ats-v/

Here's a recent video of their CTS-V on the tracks.
[video=youtube;whFJrlupPJs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whFJrlupPJs&index=3&list=UU2lqgloXS0ofnWdoDSyyhQQ[/video]

Rinzler

Reactions
Oh, that is so sweet.

Reactions
I can see these cars respond well to tunes.

Reactions
Thanks for the posting, i really appreciate if you let me know where to tune my products for Cadillac.

SEATSV

Reactions
I spoke to one of the guys at D3 about this, and about performance upgrades for the ATS-V. While he certainly didn't want to prevent any sales, his advice was to wait a year or so for the aftermarket to mature... unless you are ok with being a guinea pig for performance products. Also, if you tune your ECM and take the car in for service, there is a good chance an update will be available that would wipe your tune out. This is a pretty common thing to consider. I'm eager to tune/exhaust/intake mine, but may sit back and wait a while before I go down that road as I imagine that the products and tunes that are now available will undergo many revisions as they are tested on owner vehicles over time.

But the youtube vids are making me drool.. damn these things are detuned in OEM form...

DougW

Reactions
I suggested to Cadillac that they get into the tune business, who better to know the system. I suggested tuning so it's only available in sport or track, and perhaps, if they are worried about over use, make it limited to 20 seconds at a time. Also suggested that if a warranty claim were made, it would include a $2000 deductible if pertaining to the drivetrain. Caddy is racing this car, it could be an interesting sideline. But alas, they seem more interested in the 'Cadillac Lifestyle'.....what ever that is. What you would expect from the sales and marketing group after moving to New York city. I suspect most of what NYC folks know about cars is the vomit stained back seats of taxis.........

SEATSV

Reactions
after reading the horror stories on other forums, i won't be taking my car 1mm outside OEM form. GM has gotten VERY savvy about these things, and will void your warranty in a heartbeat if you touch it.

if i keep it post-lease and run out the warranty it'll be on... but as it sits today, this car won't even get an aftermarket air filter.

i agree that caddy should offer it... hell, it should be tuned more aggressively standard. these cars can run 500whp/tq reliably and they would overcome many of the qc caveats with the car if the performance was just a little more extreme.