total distance decrease

John Woz

Reactions
I live in central Illinois and have noticed a significant decease in total charge since the weather turned cold is this normal? it only charges to 200 miles now at full charge, i have 2300 miles on it now and don't know if i should complain at the dealer or let it go till spring.when i got the car it would charge to 295 miles and that's a significant drop!

Reactions
I live in central Illinois and have noticed a significant decease in total charge since the weather turned cold is this normal? it only charges to 200 miles now at full charge, i have 2300 miles on it now and don't know if i should complain at the dealer or let it go till spring.when i got the car it would charge to 295 miles and that's a significant drop!
Temperature is the biggest killer of range. 200 is about what I get on my Bolt now and it goes back to the 295-315 in the warmer weather.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Reactions
Temperature is the biggest killer of range. 200 is about what I get on my Bolt now and it goes back to the 295-315 in the warmer weather.

Almost forgot, I'm in the Chicago area.

~ BOLT~

Reactions

200 is still pretty good.

Reactions
My cousin, who owns a Bolt, warned me that cold weather reduces your range. So far we are in the 30s and I can see a difference. Whether that will hinge upon my drives to Morgantown West Virginia I will have to find out. The biggest and best news is that the region on the downhill side in the mountains is really great. Warm weather has been fine. Now for the test during the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Follow up. Recently seeing my range reduced by half in lower 30’s temp. Anyone else? Of course, I am normally charging to 80% which is recommended. If I am taking a trip charge to 100% but using the Destiination charged so that it is not left out 100% for very long at all before I leave.

Last edited:
Reactions
Article I read today indicates there is about a 40% drop in distance at 40 degrees or below and below 20 degrees it may be more. For distance driving buy a plug in electric blanket to avoid using heater as much as possible. You can also heat up the car while it is still charging to start with a warm car. This is not just with Bolt, true for all EV’s.