Cadillac today introduced the 2016 ATS-V, expanding the acclaimed ATS product range and elevating the brand's elite high-performance V-Series to its next generation.
Available in sedan and coupe forms, the first-ever ATS-V will introduce class-leading twin-turbocharged power and a comprehensive suite of design and performance systems when production begins in spring 2015.
Since its inception in 2004, Cadillac's V-Series has driven remarkable power and performance capability into the brand's growing luxury car range. Building on the strengths of the award-winning ATS product line, the V-Series adds impressive track capability to what was already the lightest and most agile-driving car in the luxury compact class. The result is a dual-purpose luxury performer a car with true track capability right from the factory that is also a sophisticated luxury car on the road.
Cadillac's V-Series is the best example of Cadillac's emerging product substance and the purest expression of the passion at the core of the brand, said Johan de Nysschen, Cadillac President.
The ATS-V arrives next spring, powered by the first-ever twin-turbocharged engine in a V-Series. Rated at an estimated 455 horsepower (339 kW) and 445 lb-ft of torque (603 Nm), the engine is the segment's highest-output six-cylinder and enables 0-60 performance in 3.9 seconds and a top speed of more than 185 mph. It is backed by a six-speed manual with Active Rev Match, no-lift shifting and launch control or a paddle-shift eight-speed automatic transmission featuring launch control and Performance Algorithm Shift.
The Cadillac Twin Turbo engine supports comprehensively redesigned chassis, suspension and drivetrain systems developed to make the ATS-V one of the most agile, responsive and confident luxury performance cars on the market. Key performance technologies include:
- Brembo high-performance brake system developed to provide durability, consistency and the capability for track-day performance straight from the factory
- Third-generation Magnetic Ride Control, which delivers 40 percent faster damping response
- Integrated chassis controls that provide balanced performance for touring and the track, including class-exclusive Performance Traction Management
- Structural stiffness increased by 25 percent for higher cornering loads
- Driver-selectable driving modes for touring, sport and track
- Tri-compound tires offering excellent grip with extended tire wear
- Available downforce-generating track aerodynamics package
- Functional exterior design for powertrain and drivetrain cooling, as well as aerodynamic performance
An interior with high-performance seats and ergonomics focused on the driver's interfaces with key features for performance driving.
"As the smallest and lightest V-Series ever, the ATS-V forges a great connection with the driver, with exceptional nimbleness and responsiveness," said David Leone, Cadillac Executive Chief Engineer. "It's adaptable to the driver's preferences, with every selectable mode developed to deliver the best performance for all types of driving scenarios, including the track."
A Performance Data Recorder onboard the ATS-V allows drivers to record high-definition video, with data overlays, of their driving experiences on and off the track, enabling sharing on social media.